Celebrate the 13th Annual Music in the Gardens Tour!
Summer brings a celebration of the garden to the peninsula. A full day of beauty and discovery awaits as the most beautiful private gardens, set on the ocean, the bay and plots in between, open to visitors.
Linger in each of the intimate garden landscapes to enjoy refreshments and small bites, listen to the sounds of live music, view artworks, and meet new friends, guest artists, and the gardeners.
A rare opportunity that also celebrates Water Music Society’s 35th Anniversary!
Saturday, July 13, 2019
Enjoy a lovely summer’s day touring the beautiful coastal gardens of the Long Beach Peninsula bordered by the Pacific Ocean and the Willapa Bay.
- A variety of gardens will be offered this year and many gardens will offer sweet and savory small bites and refreshments.
- For further delight, each garden will offer musical performances and artists demonstrations/ exhibits throughout the day. As the tour day approaches, check the Music in the Gardens Tour Facebook Notes page for schedule and details.
- The 2019 Raffle Drawing will be offered in one of the gardens with an array of lovely items. Stay tuned through the Facebook page to discover all the wonderful featured prizes.
- A keepsake brochure will be included with the tour map along with information about the gardens and points of interest. The brochure also serves as your ticket to the Gardens.
- The Garden Tour Trolley with conductor James Sherman is returning again this year by popular demand! It will be an option for 30 attendees to take the colorful, Don Nisbett decorated trolley to visit the gardens. This will be a separate ticket of $25.00 that includes a pre-0rdered box lunch for trolley riders.
Tour Tickets: $20
Children under 18 are free. Please, no dogs.
Trolley Tickets: $25
Trolley tickets include a boxed lunch and are sold on a first come, first served basis.
May 1: Tickets may be purchased online. Tickets purchased online must be presented at one of the locations below to receive the Garden Tour Map, which is your ticket.
July 6: Pick-up Locations will be open. If you haven’t purchased tickets yet you can still purchase on line OR you can also purchase tickets at the pick-up locations:
- Basketcase Greenhouse, 12106 Sandridge Road, Long Beach, WA
- Bay Avenue Gallery, 1406 Bay Avenue, Ocean Park, WA
- The English Nursery, Corner of Highway 101 and 103, Seaview, WA
SEE YOU IN THE GARDENS!
A Water Music Society event, Music in the Gardens Tour is a fundraiser for the mission “to bring classical music to the Long Beach Peninsula”. Every year a donation is made to the Ocean Beach School District Music Program. In 2018 the successful WMS events donated $5000 to this vital program
Follow us on Facebook for updates, previews of gardens, musicians, artists, and prize drawing items. And throughout the year follow us for posts on all things garden.
For additional information or questions contact: Nancy Allen at 360-642-2507 or Darlene Houser at 360-665-3299